Thursday, March 24, 2005

Robots!

So I've noticed that DailyAkrasia is turning into a robot fansite -- when it isn't going on about Canada (yawn)... I'd like to encourage this robo-facination among the droogs.

Dear reader, check out the following news article for more evidence of the coming transformation of Japan into a republic of artificial persons:

"Humanoids are really exciting..."

Tell me about it, dude! Most of my greatest loves in life have been humanoids... Though Robby's parents' friends are not so discriminating, it turns out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Akrasia said...

It is about time you are getting with the program Idris!

Once the robots are sufficiently advanced, many philosophical puzzles concerning consciousness, agency, mental properties, perception, etc. will be resolved. And yet another branch of philosophy will blissfully whither away! Oh happy day!

Decent link btw. My last one on robots covered all this, plus more, but is no longer working. Actually, a lot of my recent links seem to have expired. What's with that?

6:51 AM  
Blogger Akrasia said...

... I meant 'wither' not 'whither' btw ...

7:53 AM  
Blogger Idris said...

As one philosopher to another, I'll agree that it is with a certain glee that I look forward the withering away of x branch of philosophy. Which is a funny thing to look forward to... but nonetheless...

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home