Thursday, January 20, 2005

More Music Blogging

I've been trying to blog-on with no success for a little while, so I've some old business to get out of the way before moving on to more substantial matters. To whit: a new bit of computer music... Imagine it is the 1970s and you've been listening to Ziggy Stardust, Pink Floyd's Animals, and some groovy fusion (Weather Report is so cookin', man!). Also, you are amazed at the Apollo landings and expect that 2001 is prophetic. Here is what you'd write... ahh... dig it...

It is a little less crowded than the previous experiments... one must resist the urge to be like a new cook, who characteristically puts to many exotic ingredients into his dishes.

Now what do I have to do to obtain better versions of this software, a synthesizer, and a good microphone for my guitar? ...other than, I mean, getting my Ph.D. and a job first... ahem.

Technical Note
: the file is large-ish, so if you're on a PC, save to disc instead of trying to stream it. Any media player will play *.aif files, as far as I can tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home